Another Google Analytics post, but this one is to announce a cool new feature that Google added. Located right underneath the Dashboard on your analytics report you will now find, Intelligence Alerts. Easily watch, and optionally get emailed if your important target numbers or goals are not performing as planned.
Like custom reports you can create your own alerts, but Google has already made several of them for you to copy into your own reports.
Templates that Google has already created:
- Total visits decreases by more than 50.0%
- Unique visitors decreases by more than 50.0%
- Total page views decreases by more than 50.0%
- Average bounce rate increases by more than 50.0%
- Average time on site decreases by more than 50.0%
- Percent new visitors decreases by more than 50.0%
- Goal conversion rate decreases by more than 50.0%
I haven’t had enough time to really give it a try yet, but I see one immediate advantage. It can help you stay focused on site goals. An example of this would be setting your goal conversion rate for an alert. If it goes below the ratio you determine it will send you an email. Hey! Time to wake up! You are not converting this week! Not sure if they are actually allowing custom messages yet though.
Doing some quick testing of the alerts I found you can customize the alerts pretty aggressively. Having it email you the alert is also an option.